Why you should apply
Become a part of a crew that cares just as much about doing excellent work as we do about supporting each other.
We’re a quality-first company, but that’s never at the expense of our employees. We care about investing in the people who join us and supporting a culture where they can actually look forward to coming to work.
Civil Construction Manager
Civil contractor seeking experienced and business-minded Project Manager for civil/infrastructure projects.
As a Civil Construction Manager, you will take a lead role on projects, liaise directly with the client/owners and be responsible for ensuring the delivery of the project on time and in budget. To be successful in this position, you must have previous end-to-end heavy civil construction experience on large scale design-build projects and a demonstrated track record of leading and executing profitable projects while building talent capability.
- In conjunction with Superintendents, plan, schedule, prioritize and organize material deliveries, equipment, manpower and subcontractors in a manner ensuring that projects progress in an efficient and productive manner. Consider company priorities and customer expectations in all decisions.
- Remain knowledgeable and up to date on customer specifications and produce quality sites, which meet or exceed customer expectations, including understanding contract documents (MMCD & CCDC).
- Prepare construction submittals (i.e., Traffic plans, Environmental plans, public mitigation, Site safety plans and Quality control plans).
- Inspect job sites to ensure construction is performed in accordance with plans, and specifications, and that customer and company quality standards are met. Immediately implement corrective action for any deficiencies identified.
- Maintain and enforce all company and WSBC safety practices and perform job site safety inspections.
- Inspect subcontractor work; ensuring it meets design criteria and quality standards. Ensure that all subcontracted work progresses per schedule. Immediately notify Superintendents of any schedule, quality or budget impacting issues that cannot be resolved with subcontractor. Perform final inspection on completed work and have any deficiencies corrected, prior to demobilizing from site.
- Interface with client’s representative on job site to resolve issues including change orders and schedule extension.
- Maintain open communication with internal/external field personnel and respond, if possible, or convey their needs and concerns to appropriate office personnel. Identify cost & quality efficient solutions to problems.
- Confirm hours worked and description of work performed for employee(s) with Superintendent daily.
- Notify Dispatch of resources and equipment needs through weekly forecasts.
- Provide manager and customer representative with status report(s) as required.
- Payment administration with owners up to and including preparing invoicing and payment follow-up.
- Perform bid walks and submit documentation to assist estimating department with current tenders.
- Coordinate deliveries with Superintendent and dispatch as required
- Coordinate with other non-contractually related contractors, to maintain proper workflow.
- Participate in pre-construction walks with client and ensure locates of underground utilities have been identified and properly marked.
- Immediately report any vehicle accident or workplace injury to company safety representative.
- Ensure all appropriate permits, and lease status approvals have been received prior to initiating construction.
- Must be able to work extended hours as required to include evenings and weekends.
Perform other related duties as required to ensure a safe workplace, quality construction, timely and on budget completion of each project
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field from an accredited institution or equivalent training and experience is required
- 3 years of proven Project Management experience with a large General Contractor
- Substantial experience on large scale heavy civil projects (bridges, roads, highways, rail etc) is required
- Proven success in delivering high quality projects on time and on budget
- Experience in multiple procurement methodologies – Design Build/ PPP (P3) preferred
- Demonstrated negotiation skills and ability to represent all project matters on behalf of the Company and/or Joint Venture related to cost, schedule & contract matters with owner, partners and/or subcontractors
- Demonstrate an overriding commitment to health, safety and environmental responsibility • Heavy Bid: considered an Asset. Management Expectations:
- Willing to take part in additional specialty training for tools, equipment, instruments, and safety.
- Should be able to receive instructions and be left alone to complete the task in a timely and professional manner.
- Clearly understand the job description and perform their responsibilities adequately
We are looking for a motivated team player to join our team as an Estimator/Quantity Surveyor.
- Review architectural and engineering plans and prepare budgets and quantity needs
- Estimate the quantity and costs of materials
- Set budgets for contracts, payments, inventory needs, and materials
- Analyze costs for maintenance and additional building needs
- Track changes in plans or constructions; update budgets
- Keep track of construction materials and inventory
- Identify potential financial or construction risks
- Advise owner on improvements, strategies, and/or estimated costs
- Document progress, materials, and reports on project
- Utilize software to calculate, record, and track inventory and estimates
- Analyze completed projects costs and value engineer future projects
- Bachelor’s degree in quantity surveying, construction engineering, estimating, management, or related field
- 5-10 years of general construction estimating experience, financial experience, construction experience, or related field
- Proficient in computer skills and Microsoft Office Suite · Strong aptitude for numbers, spreadsheets, and financial reports
- Experienced at compiling and following strict budgets; strong estimating and financial analysis skills
- In-depth understanding of construction, materials, pricing, and industry
- Able to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
Truck Driver – Class 1
Job Type: Permanent/Part-time
We are currently hiring a part-time Class 1 Driver. If you are an experienced truck driver looking to work for a company focused on safety and their drivers, apply with Arnica Contracting.
- Minimum of 5 years Class 1 experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience with bulk fluid hauling
- Super b experience
- Experience with hauling chemicals is an asset
- FAST card (or the ability to get one) is required
- Clean 5-year commercial driver’s abstract
- Pre-employment drug & alcohol test
- H2S and Standard First Aid courses
- A positive attitude
- A passion for safety and service excellence
- Great wages
- Permanent, part-time employment
- Health and Dental benefits and Group Retirement Savings Plan
- Safety bonuses
- Flexible schedules
- Consistent, stable
Heavy Equipment Operators
Currently we are looking to add experienced Heavy Equipment Operators to our team.
- 5 years’ experience operating heavy equipment in the Civil Construction
- Must have prior experience digging around existing underground utilities
- Class 5 driver’s license
- Knowledge of truck and equipment safety
- Knowledge of Sewer/Storm/Water Works
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance and storage
- Knowledge of road construction and maintenance techniques
- Ability to operate Excavators, Backhoes, Dozers Skid Steers, and other heavy equipment
- Machine GPS experience considered an asset
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
We are looking to hire an Experienced Skilled Labourer at one of our large commercial projects The right candidate should be comfortable working indoors and outdoors, is physically fit and capable of performing various general labour tasks around the site.
- Prepping construction sites by cleaning obstacles and hazards
- Operating and caring for the construction equipment and power tools
- Helping unload and load materials from trucks/machinery
- Lifting, carrying, and moving materials
- Removing, filling, or compacting earth
- Assisting other trades as needed
- 1+ years’ experience in Skilled Labour
- 1+ years’ experience in commercial projects
- Must be able to commit to full time employment
- Ability to work in all weather
- Solid understanding of construction processes and should be able to complete assigned tasks
- Basic tool knowledge would be an asset